Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Favorite Fictional Character (1)

I have a lot of favourite fictional characters. But the one I'm going to start with is a certain vampire. He's handsome, protective, hates being a vampire, and doesn't like to drink fresh human blood.

No, I'm not talking about Edward Cullen. I'm talking about Mick St. John, the cute vamp from the short-lived but highly entertaining TV series, "Moonlight".

Aside from being eye candy, Mick St. John is interesting. He doesn't spend decades pathetically hanging around high schools in the hopes of getting a girlfriend. He's a private investigator. Along with his human friend, Beth, who's a reporter for an Internet news service, he solves crimes, rescues people in need, and helps keep the streets safe from criminals... of both the human and vampire varieties.

In Mick's world, vampires look pretty much like humans... until they go all vampy. Then their fangs appear and their eyes turn white (or whatever colour those cheesy contact lenses are supposed to be). Watching the actors ham it up, baring their fangs and snarling, is bound to make you smile (even if that wasn't the intent).

Oh, and the best part about these vampires? They don't sparkle!

Yes, I'll take Mick St. John over Edward Cullen any day.

The Favorite Fictional Character meme was started by Ryan G. at Wordsmithonia.

9 comments:

  1. I remember you talking about him on my page -- I've really gotta see this show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to see more people getting into this idea. I love it! You have to stop over at Ryans blog and let him know if you haven't already. He will be sooo thrilled.

    Oh yes, I will take Nick any day also.

    I really liked this show when it was on tv. I use to watch it every week. I even still catch a few reruns every now and again.

    Great pick this week for FFC.

    If you would like I have a FFC posted too...stop by.
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moonlight is awesome. I was watching reruns of the season but they never aired them all! It's sad that they canceled the show! :( It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O I LOVED LOVED LOVED Mick. I wanted to cry when they pulled the plug on it. At least they finally hooked up at the end of the season.
    *sigh*
    I still miss that show.

    My favorite vamps are the ones that struggle to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edward Cullen is so yesterday!

    this Mick St. John sounds yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I miss Mick. Even more so, I miss Josef; I'm a fan of Jason Dohring's smart ass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fact that you are participating in this. I would love if you would leave a link on my post so others will be able to see and visit you as well.

    And I agree Mick was great. Julian Luna from Kindred was a good one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's awesome you picked Mick! i totally started loving him when i saw reruns of moonlight...r.i.p.
    i wonder if that actor's new show will be any good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stopped by today to star at Alex again ;)

    ReplyDelete