Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wednesday Writing (1)



Wednesday Writing is a meme that was started by Tashi at Taste Life Twice.
Wednesday Writing: You come here Wednesdays and I'll give you a few words to write on or a picture to write about. You interpret the picture as you like. But there are a couple catches.
  1. You must include the 2-3 words I choose or write about the picture I post.
  2. You must tell a story.
  3. You can't write more than 100 words.
This week's words are: tears, sweet, and friendship. And here's what I came up with:
Only his tears, sweet against her lips, gave her any indication that something was wrong.

"Stop," he said.

She did. Abruptly. Reluctantly.

He shook his head. "I don't want to ruin what we have."

With a grunt, she pulled away and folded her arms. "We don't have anything."

"We have friendship."

She raised one eyebrow in a familiar expression that made his heart sink.

"Not anymore," she said.
By my count, that's 68 words. Well, at least I didn't go over. Is this kind of writing considered an extreme form of flash fiction?

2 comments:

  1. I like this idea. I think I am going to have to go over to the site and check this out. I will probably follow yours and the originator for a few weeks before I start but I really like this idea. I was thinking of getting creative writing more into my post and I think this is it.

    Very nice writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously speaking, that was really good. I'd read it.

    ReplyDelete