Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wishful Wednesdays (1)

Wishful Wednesdays is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

I went to the bookstore on Monday in search of a few books. I found all but one of the books I was looking for, and of course that was the one I wanted to read the most: Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted.

Why am I so eager to read this one? Well, I've heard mostly good reviews about it...

But, really, the main reason is because it's short. I can handle 208 pages, especially since it's a stand-alone book. After reading a 513-page, nearly plotless introduction to a trilogy... well, I'm kind of afraid of any book thicker than a deck of cards at the moment.

4 comments:

  1. I just did a review on Crazy Beautiful and also an author interview with the author on my blog! You will LOVE this book! I have read it twice now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I just reviewed this one yesterday. It is definitely a good follow-up to the torture that was The Hollow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a new book for me. I will be looking for your review to see how it is.

    I completely get the 200 page books. I have to do that as well. I have been doing that now once or twice a month. It really helps to break it up a little bit and I feel like I get a little further through the stack of books.

    ReplyDelete