Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday Writing (2)



Wednesday Writing is a meme that was started by Tashi at Taste Life Twice.
Wednesday Writing: You come here Wednesdays and I'll give you a few words to write on or a picture to write about. You interpret the picture as you like. But there are a couple catches.
  1. You must include the 2-3 words I choose or write about the picture I post.
  2. You must tell a story.
  3. You can't write more than 100 words.
This week's words are: cocoa, Chapstick, and hollow. And here's what I came up with:
Usually, buying herself a new lipstick or some glittery eyeshadow cheered her up. But that day, not even cocoa-flavoured lip balm could help fill the hollow in her chest. Maybe retail therapy never had been the answer.

She sighed, applied another layer of Chapstick to her tear-blistered lips, and slunk past the life-sized display, trying very hard not to punch the grinning cardboard model in the head.
Eh... I was bored. Maybe that's not really a true story as much as it is a teaser... but it has me wondering why this person is in such a bad mood!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, nice snippet :)

    Nice descriptions and haha, I'm wondering why she's in a bad mood too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you did this again. I like this meme. I have not picked up doing it yet but I think after the new year when things slow down again I may start trying this. I like the whole idea. I hope you keep with it.

    ReplyDelete