Sunday, December 20, 2009

In My Mailbox (8)


This week, my mailbox was filled with gifts for other people. Christmas is coming, you know...

I did get one book for myself. It's a non-fiction title:

Spontaneous Evolution
by Bruce H. Lipton, Ph.D. & Steve Bhaerman

We've all heard stories of people who've experienced seemingly miraculous recoveries from illness, but can the same thing happen for our world? According to pioneering biologist Bruce H. Lipton, it's not only possible, it's already occurring. In "Spontaneous Evolution, " this world-renowned expert in the emerging science of epigenetics reveals how our changing understanding of biology will help us navigate this turbulent period in our planet's history and how each of us can participate in this global shift. In collaboration with political philosopher Steve Bhaerman, Dr. Lipton invites readers to reconsider:

- the "unquestionable" pillars of biology, including random evolution, survival of the fittest, and the role of DNA
- the relationship between mind and matter
- how our beliefs about nature and human nature shape our politics, culture, and individual lives
- how each of us can become planetary "stem cells" supporting the health and growth of our world.

By questioning the old beliefs that got us to where we are today and keep us stuck in the status quo, we can trigger the spontaneous evolution of our species that will usher in a brighter future.


How's that for a little light reading?

What was in your "mailbox" this week?



In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren.

3 comments:

  1. I'm out of town trying not to obsess about what could possibly be waiting for me in my in box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have loads of books but none of them are for me. This is the time for giving. Hope you enjoy your book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting read, I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete