Friday, September 17, 2010

What should I read next?

My TBR pile is getting too big! Darn the bookstores and their fabulous deals on bargain books (and darn me for not being able to turn down a bargain)! I need to get through some of these books, but I want to read a book I'm going to enjoy, too. Maybe you can help me out! Here's what I've got in the pile right now:


100 Cupboards by N. D. Wilson
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn
Ever by Gail Carson Levine
Evil? by Timothy Carter
The Faerie Door by B. E. Maxwell

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Ice by Sarah Beth Durst
The Lost Hours by Karen White
The Passage by Justin Cronin
The Patron Saint of Butterflies by Cecilia Galante
Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

Salt by Maurice Gee
Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Sovay by Celia Rees
Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder
Voices by Ursula K. Le Guin
Wicked by Gregory Maguire

Okay, so maybe 21 books isn't that big of a TBR pile. But still... have you ever tried to store 21 books when you have no room on your bookshelves?

Any recommendations? I mean, they wouldn't be in my TBR pile if I didn't think they looked good. But are there any that I just have to read right away?

14 comments:

  1. You need to read the "Hunger Games". Its one of my all time favs and I'm not a huge YA fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG The Hunger Games! It's the only way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunger Games. HUNGER GAMES HUNGER GAMES HUNGER GAMES.

    No question.

    Then Shiver...and then either The Adoration of Jenna Fox or Ice.

    I love your new layout! Did you make it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to go against the grain here and vote for The Adoration of Jenna Fox. Loved that book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. That's quite an awesome pile of books. My suggestion: read 1-2 pages of each, and then decide which one you're dying to read RIGHT NOW. (And then tell us, because that would be totally interesting.)

    I love The Hunger Games, like everyone else, but I've heard great things about Ella Minnow Pea being really good and underappreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hunger Games, then Jenna Fox, Shiver, and the Passage

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say Shiver. I'd skip Wicked, just because I didn't like it at all.

    By the way love your new layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Patron Saint of Butterflies by Cecilia Galante!! Just because I never heard of it before, but it sounds like it's about religion or something! I like that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW Love the new layout!

    My vote is for Hunger Games, Storm Glass, and Shiver. I have only actually read Hunger Games but I know Storm Glass is going to be great- It is a spinoff of the Poison Series by Synder (WHICH I LOVED) and I can't wait to read it. And I ahve heard great things about Shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for dropping by and commenting! I am seconding (thirding? fourthing?) the Hunger Games recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I vote Hunger Games all the way. It might make your TBR pile get two books bigger, but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I vote the Hunger Games or Shiver because I know those ones are fabulous. However, I would love to see what you think of Sovay because I've really wanted to read it and haven't picked it up yet. :D

    Hopping through from the hop. Thanks for stopping by. I'll be following to see what you post next.

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping by to return the visit and follow! I've gotta second all those votes for The Hunger Games--amazing dystopian, that one.

    ReplyDelete