Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books I'd Love To See As Movies/TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is Top Ten Books I'd Love To See As Movies/TV Shows.  This has apparently been done as a topic before, though I can't remember if I participated or not.  I'll pick some of my more recent reads, just in case:

Top Ten Books I'd Love To See As Movies/TV Shows:

The 57 Lives of Alex Wayfare
by M. G. Buehrlen

This could be a tough sort of story to put on film, but if done right it could be really interesting.  I think the trick would be getting the audience to recognize all of Alex's past lives as her, so that we're invested in all these "different" characters.  Plus, I'd love to see a visual representation how Alex accesses her other lives.

All Our Yesterdays
by Cristin Terrill

While this one might be confusing (what with the time travel and all), I think it could be done.  It has a strong story that would probably translate well into a movie.

Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy
by Laini Taylor

Some lucky movie maker would have an awesome time with this one!  All those creatures, the wonderful characters, the amazing worlds...  This would likely be a feast for the eyes.  And, of course, there would be three installments of amazingness...

Liesl & Po
by Lauren Oliver

How cute would this movie be?  Though it would probably end up being marketed to children, it has the potential to be a visual masterpiece.  The settings, costumes, and music have the potential to be amazing.

Listen, Slowly
by Thanhha Lai

This cute coming-of-age story would make a nice movie.  It has an exotic locale, a fish-out-of-water as a main character, and plenty of intriguing secondary characters that would translate well onto the screen.

The Lunar Chronicles series
by Marissa Meyer

While I'm not a huge fan of the books (I've only read the first two... and that's enough for me!), I think they might make great movies.  One of my main problems with the books is the lackluster world-building and my inability to picture the settings as a result.  That issue would, of course, be bypassed by making the stories into a series of movies.

Penryn & the End of Days series
by Susan Ee

While I see most books and book series as translating better into feature-length films, I can see this series as a TV show aimed at teenagers.  It's got romance, gore, and plenty of action... so why wouldn't it work on screen?

Stolen
by Lucy Christopher

While this book is largely about the characters, it also has a setting (the Australian Outback) that would look gorgeous on film.

Under a Painted Sky
by Stacey Lee

One of the first things I thought on finishing this book was that it would make an incredible movie.  The pioneer trail setting, the diverse characters, the action, and the time period would all combine to make this a unique offering for teen viewers (or anyone else who enjoys historical pieces).

The Wide-Awake Princess
by E. D. Baker

I can see a movie like this ending up in the same vein as Enchanted or Ella Enchanted: not taking itself too seriously, but serious fun at the same time.  I'm actually somewhat surprised this book hasn't been translated onto the screen yet.  It would make a wonderful romantic comedy for teenagers.


What books or series would you like to see as movies or TV shows?


5 comments:

  1. I keep seeing The Lunar Chronicles pop up everywhere. I really enjoyed seeing some new choices on your list and I agree with Liesl and Po.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think The Lunar Chronicles might be a popular choice. I've seen it on others' lists already.

      Delete
  2. YES to Penryn series & Stolen, they're both amazing books. All Our Yesterdays would look good interesting on tv because of the science fiction aspect. Great picks overall <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely attest to the Aussie outback being GORGEOUS. XD I have totally travelled over all of it and it's rather breathtaking even for a local. hehe. ANYWAY. YES! I think Penryn & the End of Days would be perfect as a teen-aimed-horror-dystopic-tv-series. Like the 100?! (I haven't seen it but I read the book.) SOMEONE NEEDS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm surprised Penryn & the End of Days hasn't been picked up for the screen yet, since it's so popular. Maybe it's because the books were self-published? Still, popular is popular... and I think a movie or TV show would have an audience.

      Delete